Patients Complaints Handling Procedure
At Perfect Teeth we take complaints very seriously. Your experience and feedback is very important to us.
- 1. The person at the practice responsible for liaising with patients regarding complaints is the Practice Manager.
- 2. If the patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and document the complaint.
- 3. The patient will be requested to put their concerns in writing addressed to either:
a. The practice manager (administrative complaints)
b. The dentist whom the complaint concerns (clinical complaints)
- 4. We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing normally within seven working days.
- 5. We will investigate the complaint fully and inform the patient of the outcome of the investigation.
- 6. If it is not possible to provide an outcome initially and the complaint requires further investigation or if the patient is not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint, we will write to the patient to offer to discuss the complaint further and include a copy of this code of practice.
- 7. As part of the discussion, further information regarding the complaint will be taken from the patient and details of further investigation including an expected timescale will be given as per the practice complaints policy.
- 8. If the patient is not satisfied with the result of our procedure then they will be requested to refer their complaint to the relevant governing body such as NHS England (for NHS) or The Dental Complaints Service (for private).
When patients complain, we aim to resolve the matter as promptly as possible. The following procedure should be followed in order to make a complaint or resolve a concern you may have: